P&H M Ferguson Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations (the Act), the Data Controller is Stuart Ferguson.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you when you visit our website: www.phmferguson.co.uk
Information you give us.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, place an order on our site, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, date of birth, vehicle information (including registration number, VIN, service reminders, mileage and warranty repair information)
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
• to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the [order form OR registration form]);
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
• [Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.]
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, social media and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The ‘Right of Access’
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR, individuals have the right to obtain:
• confirmation that their data is being processed;
• access to their personal data; and
• other supplementary information
P&H M Ferguson Ltd will provide a copy of the information free of charge. However we may charge a reasonable fee or refuse to respond when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive.
The fee will be based on the administrative cost of providing the information.
Information will be provided without delay and at the latest within one month of receipt. We may extend the period of compliance by a further two months where requests are complex or numerous. If this is the case, we will inform the individual within one month of the receipt of the request and explain why the extension is necessary.
Data subjects should contact the Stuart Ferguson to correct or request information that we hold about them.
The ‘Right to Rectify Inaccuracies’
We will ensure that any personal data we process is accurate, adequate, relevant and not excessive, given the purpose for which it was obtained.
The ‘Right to be Forgotten’
The right to erasure is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’. The broad principle underpinning this right is to enable an individual to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
The ‘Right to Object’
Individuals have the right to object to:
• processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
• direct marketing (including profiling)
If data is processed for direct marketing purposes, we must inform individuals of their right to object “at the point of first communication” and in our privacy notice.
The ‘Right to Restrict Processing’
Individuals have a right to ‘block’ or suppress processing of personal data. When processing is restricted, staff and associates are permitted to store the personal data, but not further process it.
THE RIGHT TO COMPLAIN
If you feel that we have breached the General Data Protection Regulations, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.